NEURO-BIO IS CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A SENIOR SCIENTIST
Position Title: Senior Scientist
Supervisor / Principal Investigator: Dr Sara Garcia-Ratés / Professor Baroness Susan Greenfield
Role type: Permanent (on site)
Salary: Competitive salary & benefits package
Location: Culham Science Centre, OX14 3DB (~10-minute train journey from Oxford or Didcot Stations)
Application closing date: Friday May 13th 2022
Neuro-Bio is a privately-owned biotech out of Oxford developing a new approach to diagnosis and treatment of Alzheimer’s and other neuro-degenerative diseases based on the work of Baroness Professor Susan Greenfield and colleagues. Existing marketed therapies for Alzheimer’s disease target symptoms in the late stages, but don’t arrest progression. With Alzheimer’s disease increasing rapidly in frequency there is an urgent need to discover new drugs that treat affected patients. However, all recent attempts to develop an effective treatment for Alzheimer’s disease have failed, and there is a growing lack of confidence in the efficacy of combating the well-established targets amyloid or tau, leading to the need for a new approach.
The company is seeking to appoint a Senior Postdoctoral Scientist at their state-of-the-art facility at the Culham Science Centre, near Oxford. The company have received a lot of media attention recently following the publication of exciting results giving hope to patients (http://www.sci-news.com/medicine/nbp14-drug-10702.html). This is a permanent role suiting a highly motivated, scientist, with willingness to challenge dogma.
The company approach is based on a recently identified but basic biological process generating a range of assets including diagnostic and therapeutic applications to Alzheimer’s Disease. The ideal candidate will have had appropriate experience of research involving CNS disorders.
• A PhD or equivalent in biomedical science
• Experience of in vitro techniques monitoring on-line neuronal dynamics, for example with electrophysiology or optical imaging
• Experience with in vitro rodent brain slice preparations
• Experience with mathematical analysis software (MatLab).
• Line manager expertise.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience of leading the design, planning and interpretation of experiments.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Troubleshooting expertise
• An ability to learn new skills and to modify duties to fit a changing research environment
• Strongly motivated with the ability to work both independently and as part of a research team.
• Experience in drug screening approaches.
• Familiarity in drug discovery processes.
• Interest in neuroscience or Alzheimer’s and related degenerative disorders.
The post offers the opportunity to join a company at the crucial stage between basic and translational research. The successful candidate will be part of the scientific team, complemented by a strong managerial group who oversee the general administrative affairs of the company.
Starting date to be negotiated, but ideally as soon as possible
Compensation package to be negotiated but will include stock options, BUPA private health insurance, pension scheme, and additional holidays between Christmas and New Year.
Further background information on Neuro-Bio can be obtained from the website (www.neuro-bio.com). Please send applications including a CV and the names of two referees to Sara Garcia Ratés (firstname.lastname@example.org).
T: +44 (0)1235 420 085
© All Rights Reserved NeuroBio