Neuro-Bio is currently looking for an Executive Assistant to CEO
Executive Assistant to Baroness Greenfield CBE, CEO of Neuro-Bio
Baroness Susan Greenfield is a Crossbench Peer in the House of Lords, and CEO and Founder of Neuro-Bio Ltd (www.neuro-bio.com), a privately held biotech company taking a new approach to neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease.
Building on 40 years of original research, initially at Oxford University and now based at the Culham Science Centre, Neuro-Bio is developing a lateral flow test for early diagnosis of neuro-degenerative disorders along with novel drug candidates that could halt the neurodegenerative process.
More generally, Baroness Greenfield is a high-profile member of the scientific community with active participation across senior levels of business, media and politics worldwide. She is involved in various initiatives within both the private and public sector. She also operates as a speaker to a wide range of sectors through her own private company, Greenfield PPS Limited.
To support Baroness Greenfield in her commitments, we are seeking a professional Executive Assistant with exceptional administrative and communication skills. Reporting to her, the Executive Assistant will also work closely with the rest of the Neuro-Bio team at Culham Science Centre, Abingdon, OX14 3DB, where the role is based.
Hours: part time; 3/5 of working week.
Start date: Tue 30th May 2023 or as soon as possible thereafter
Salary: To be negotiated, depending on experience and expertise.
You will provide essential and direct support, ensuring that Baroness Greenfield’s daily activities run smoothly. This will include administrative support for her work at Neuro-Bio, House of Lords, for Greenfield PPS (her speaking commitments), public relations and scientific research activities, as well as dealing with sensitive personal and private matters.
This position demands a high degree of initiative and flexibility. Attention to detail and high levels of organisational and communication skills are essential. You will manage a continually changing diary over several locations. This involves liaising with different staff across different time zones, organising complex and ever-changing national and international travel plans, and booking personal and business appointments.
You will work independently, must be able to use your initiative, and manage and prioritise your own workload in response to changing demands. This is a challenging but enjoyable job with the core hours being negotiable. The position will suit a confident communicator, a quick-thinker able to solve problems and deal with people from all backgrounds, who enjoys a fast-paced environment and wishes to progress in an administrative career.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Daily Duties: – including but not limited to
- Management of all the Baroness’ diary and appointments in both her private and company accounts
- Raising Invoices following speaking engagements
- Dealing with all communication, including contact with media, academics, politicians, agencies, high net worth individuals and the general public
- Filtering and prioritise correspondence, email and general external / internal post.
- Taking and relaying accurate and timely messages from telephone callers, and answer queries where possible
- Management of output and workflow deadlines
- Finalising PowerPoint presentations
- Management of up-to-date website and social media accounts
- Liaising with relevant individuals, external organisations etc to arrange meetings and draft supporting documents
- Liaising with event managers to ensure all arrangements are suitable, including audio / visual facilities, accommodation, travel, visa and other requirements
- Maintaining a comprehensive filing system and ensure all supporting files and presentation material are available in support of the daily schedule.
- Undertaking research, media relations and promotional work
- In her absence, acting as the point of contact for communication between the Baroness and her laboratory in Culham keeping her fully informed of ongoing internal and external matters.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested
Skills & Experience
You will have:
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral, with a professional telephone manner and an ability to communicate with people at all levels in a personable and effective way.
- Strong IT skills and familiar with social media platforms
- Outstanding organisational skills with proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A flexible and mature approach to work with the ability to carry out tasks unsupervised.
- High standards with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to take notes and compose emails quickly and accurately with a sound command of English grammar and spelling.
You will be:
- Utterly reliable and able to act with integrity and credibility
- Friendly, approachable, and well presented
- Discreet and able to treat all work and personal interactions with utmost confidentiality
- Enthusiastic, pro-active and confident, with the ability to maintain the composure while working under pressure
In addition, the successful candidate will be required:
- To provide two professional references required from previous employers
- To pass a clear DBS check
To sign a confidentiality agreement on commencing the post.
T: +44 (0)1235 420 085
© All Rights Reserved NeuroBio