Neuro Bio Assets
- 1. Therapeutic for Alzheimer’s combatting T14
- A novel drug treatment that could stabilise cell loss by combatting the pivotal toxin T14. NBP-14 is the lead compound in the preclinical phase towards IND status and subsequent clinical testing in the near future. Neuro-Bio is also developing a pipeline that involves screening smaller, potentially more druggable variants.
- 2. Biomarker for AD based on T14 in blood
- Neuro-Bio is developing a blood-based biomarker with diagnostic and prognostic potential using 3 different outsourced approaches: (a) conventional detection method with a monoclonal antibody; (b) a proprietorial system using a polyclonal system and (c) an antibody-free, innovative method using machine learning and an optics detection system.
- 3. A first-in-class, non-transgenic animal model of AD
- Currently genetically modified, ‘transgenic’ mouse models do not replicate the fully authentic Alzheimer profile, as well as being time-consuming and costly to produce. Given the Neuro-Bio approach based on the putatively pivotal mechanism driving Alzheimer’s, it follows that intracerebral administration of T14 to normal rodents, should result in a complete pathological scenario including impaired memory loss and appearance of traditional brain markers.
- 4. Combatting metastases by blocking T14
- If T14 drives cell development then it might also feature in cancer (Garcia-Ratés and Greenfield 2017), a condition characterised by inappropriate cellular spread. This idea is supported by the anti-metastatic action of NBP14 in vitro (Pepper et al., 2017). Neuro-Bio is thus developing NBP14 as a drug for metastasis treatment with external partners currently testing in vivo.
- 5. Skin aging and skin disorders
- If neurodegeneration and cancer are aberrant activations of a basic developmental system, driven by T14, it follows that this molecule would be operating still in adulthood, in the skin, – which is continuously in a state of development with epidermal skin cells constantly being made and replaced. Neuro-Bio is developing several applications of the T14-NBP14 technology for skin aging and skin disorders with external partners.
Culham Science Centre
Culham Science Centre
+44 (0) 1235 420 085
© All Rights Reserved NeuroBio